Wednesday, October 7, 2009

FAQ #4

For real this time . . .

"Do you have all your capabilities back?"

I can

knit like a pro
recite Shakespeare
play simple things on the violin
hop on my right foot if I flap like a chicken
"jog" in a limping way if I lift my knees high
multiply a two-digit number by a one-digit number in my head
press 60 pounds with my right leg
stand unassisted in the shower
say "stand unassisted in the shower" on my first try
use a can opener
flip pancakes
throw a tantrum
type 20 words per minute
play a bit of piano
tie my shoes
make a ponytail
teach violin
read Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss (out loud)
write approximately 10 words per minute of variable legibility
drive an automatic (haven't tried the stick)

This is not an exhaustive list, but you can see that although I don't have my former skill set, it seems to be coming back. It's a long road--longer than I realized at first. But my family is very supportive, and I've already come a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment