Monday, March 29, 2010

Nana's Vest

The front is done. This is Susan Duckworth's Venetian Tiles Cardigan with some modifications. I did the ribbing in intarsia instead of all one color, I made each set of tiles different (there were four varieties), and I did the shoulder shaping with short rows instead of binding off. Also, I changed the upper row of tiles to a row of three instead of four because I plan to make this a V-neck vest, and that will match the adaption to the fronts.

She didn't choose this pattern or the colors, so I'm hoping she likes it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is just gorgeous, Ruth! And I get the resemblance to venetian beads, having collected a few in my day. Love it, and you too!